What are twin gear juicers?
Twin gear juicers or trituraing juicers are considered top of the line juicing machines. Some models are touted as the Rolls-Royce of juicing because of the unrivaled craftsmanship and engineering. In terms of efficiency and juice quality this type of juicing machine are unquestionably a cut above the rest.
Similar to a masticating style juice extractor it also processes produce at low speed (82-110 RPM), preserving nutrient quality. You can store your juice for up to 72 hours. It uses a three stage juice extraction process, it crushes then it squeezes the produce twice (1. as it passes along the along the cavity of the gears, 2. as the gears rotate inwardly). Equipped with two stainless steel gears with a very narrow clearance it crushes fruits and vegetables at a more efficient rate than any other juicer available in the market.
Now the bad news… This juicer is quite expensive starting at $450 to over $1000 but you’ll get all the bells and whistles that you won’t get from centrifugal and masticating juicers such as superior juice yield and nutrient retention, cooling system, and stainless steel construction.
Top 7 Twin Gear Juicers Comparison Table
|Rank||Photo||Brand / Model||Unique Feature||Price||Rating||RPM||Build||Warranty|
|1||read review||Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5000||Tribest Green Star Elite||Bio-ceramic Technology||$$$$||4.33||110||BPA Free Plastic||12 Years|
|2||read review||Tribest Green Star GS Series (GS-1000, GS-2000, GS-3000)||GS Series||Bio-ceramic Technology||$$$||4.11||110||Plastic (not BPA free)||5 Years|
|3||read review||Omega TWN30S||TW/NS||Longest warranty coverage||$$$||4.06||160||BPA Free Plastic||15 Years|
|4||read review||Green Power KPE1304||KPE||Bio-ceramic technology, cheapest twin gear juicer||$$$||3.96||160||Plastic (not BPA free)||5 Years|
|5||read review||Super Angel 2015 Series (Pro, Deluxe, Premium Deluxe)||2015||All stainless steel build||$$$$$||4.42||82||All Stainless Steel||10 Years|
|6||read review||Tribest Green Star GP-E1503 Green Power Gold||Gold||Bio-ceramic Technology||$$$$||3.74||110||BPA Free Plastic||5 Years|
|7||read review||Super Angel Plus||Plus||All stainless steel build||$$$$$||3||82||All Stainless Steel||10 Years|
$ = juicers under $100
$$ = juicers under $200
$$$ = $200 to $500
$$$$ = $500 to $1000
$$$$$ = $1000 and above
Triturating juicers typically cost $450 all the way to $1500.
- Highly durable and warranty can last up to 15 years
- The efficient low-speed twin gear technology crushes and extracts juice instead of shredding like high speed juicers do, minimizing oxidation and breakdown of nutrients extending your juice’s shelf life to 72 hours if properly stored
- Triturating technology produces the driest pulp among all other types of juicers
- The twin gear unit’s very narrow clearance crushes leafy greens like kale, mint, wheatgrass, spinach, parsley, cabbage, pine tree needles with extreme efficiency
- Some models comes equipped with attachments for basic food processing, homogenizing and making pasta noodles
- Quiet operation
- Based on my research operating this type of machine has a steep learning curve, you’ll have to follow certain instructions for it to work properly
- Though it’s faster than a masticating juicer, the juicing speed is nothing compared to a centrifugal juicer
- Longer prep time is also required; you need to chop fruits and vegetables into pieces so it would fit in a small feeder opening
Superior juice quality and juice yield are the ultimate selling points of triturating juicers but it’s not for those who doesn’t have the budget.
Personally I’d like to own a stainless steel juicer like Super Angel Plus but I can’t afford it yet. Surgical all stainless steel construction has an additional health benefit, it doesn’t contain potentially harmful chemicals found in plastic. I’m no longer recommending Super Angel juicers since I discovered that the brand has a terrible reputation that you can find by just googling. Go for a Green Star twin gear juicer instead.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
Here are a few more resources worth checking out.
Juicer Reviews – To date I have reviewed over 60 juicers and you can find it all here. You can filter reviews according to type, price, rating, feature, juice shelf life, and by brand.
Juicer Comparison Table – This tool will help you compare and sort over 50 juicers side by side according to price, rating, rank, juice quality, versatility, usability and warranty.
Best Centrifugal Juicers – List of the top 10 centrifugal juicers and an in-depth guide about fast juice extractors.
Best Masticating Juicers – Top 10 masticating juicers list and an in-depth guide about slow juice extractors.
Best Cold Press Juicers – Top 10 cold press juicers list and an in-depth guide about low heat juicing machines.
Best Hydraulic Juice Press – There are just two hydraulic juice presses available in the market and you can find the info here.
Best Commercial Juicers – If you want to start your own juice bar, this article will help you find the perfect juicer for your business.