|Juice Shelf Life||24 Hours|
|Motor||No info about RPM|
|Chute Size||1.25 x 2 inches (crescent)|
|Build||Plastic (not BPA free)|
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Best for Juicing||Hard Produce, Citrus Fruits|
|Application||Home & Personal Use|
This juicer is one of the cheapest in the market. I can’t even fathom how affordable it is. If you have 100 bucks in your wallet you can literally buy three of this machine. When it comes to affordability Black & Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Extractor is next to none.
Truth be told, though it’s cheap it failed to impress in many ways—it looks very fragile, it’s not BPA free, and the chute is too small compared to other centrifugal juicers defeating the purpose of being a fast juicer.
But to be fair, let’s get to the details of this machine.
This juice extractor comes with a powerful 400-watt motor capable of processing hard produce and citrus fruits. It has an external pulp ejection system which makes continuous juicing possible. The pitcher can catch as much as 300-ml of juice at one go and the pulp collector can accommodate up to 28-oz of waste. Safety features such as dual safety locking mechanism and non-skid feet ensures peace of mind during operation.
The manufacturer made the design as compact as possible with a built-in cord storage. This means that it can fit in smaller spaces.
- It’s cheap
- It’s affordable
- It’s inexpensive
- It’s three times cheaper than the cheapest Breville
- Aside from the fact that it’s really really cheap, it’s also backed by a two-year-warranty, impressively longer than other popular centrifugal juicer brands.
- All detachable parts can go into the top rack of your dishwasher
- The external pulp collection system makes it possible to juice in large quantities, but I have some doubts if it’s possible
- The feeding chute is too narrow requiring you to chop your produce into tiny bits. It’s like a masticating juicer’s chute fitted in a centrifugal juicer.
- Juice extracted from fast juicers can only last for 24 hours due to oxidation
- This juicer is mainly plastic which should be BPA free but I couldn’t find a reliable information to conclude that it’s really BPA free. For this reason I’m considering this product non-BPA free.
- Based on Amazon reviews this juice extractor is moderately noisy
- Centrifugal juicers tend to be less efficient producing a wet pulp. A user even reported that she has to put the pulp back into the juicing chamber to squeeze more juice.
- It’s limited to juicing hard produce and citrus fruits
Features & Product Details
Is it Easy to Use?
Assembly can take a few minutes but that’s the easy part as you’ll have to chop off your produce into smaller parts for it to fit in a narrow chute opening. Operation is pretty simple, there’s no other requirement other than cutting your fruits and veggies. There are some complaints saying that there are large chunks of produce that are not being processed. According to the manufacturer just avoid pushing your fruits and veggies, just drop it in the juicing chamber and it will do the job.
Is it Easy to Clean?
There are six parts that you’ll have to cleanup after use—the fruit and vegetable pusher, top cover, cutter/strainer, pulp separator, pulp container and the juice collector. All detachable parts of this juicing machine are dishwasher friendly which makes cleanup a piece of cake. If you prefer washing it manually you’ll have to deal with the large parts and the cutting disk. What’s missing in the package is a cleaning brush, you’ll have to use your own cleaning brush or buy a new one.
Fast juicers are quite inferior when it comes to yield and efficiency and this juicer is not an exception. It produces a wet pulp that you’ll have to put back in the juicing chamber to avoid wasting nutrients. High RPM motor intensifies the oxidation process making your juice frothy. This is the reason why juice extracted from this type of machine only last for 24 hours.
What Kinds of Produce Can it Juice?
This juicing machine can process hard produce and citrus fruits.
Hard Produce such as pineapple, cauliflower, yakon, celery, pumpkin, broccoli, pear, garlic, asparagus, turmeric, watermelon, beets, cucumber, ginger, carrots, cilantro, fennel, sweet potato, pepper and apple; and citrus fruits including grapefruit, orange, lemon, lime, tangerine and mandarin.
It’s not recommended for juicing soft fruits, leafy greens such as kale, spinach, wheatgrass, etc., let alone making soy and almond milk.
For people who are just getting started and don’t want to spend a lot on a juicer, Black & Decker JE2200B is a great choice. Using it a few times a week would be ideal but if you’re planning to juice on a daily basis, get a decent centrifugal juicer or masticating juicer that can stand the test of time. Yes, it has an included 2-year-warranty but it’s just for factory defects and it wouldn’t make sense to spend more on shipping the juicer for servicing than buying a new one.